Some stains may appear impossible to remove, especially on your sofa. More so, a lot of homeowners may have had to change their sofa a few times because of some stubborn stains.
Notably, several products in the market claim to have the solution to stubborn stains on sofas. Although some detergents remove stubborn stains on the sofa, they are usually very expensive. Aside from that, they are produced in small quantities and sold at exorbitant prices.
Check out these cheap and easy home remedies that can help you remove stubborn stains from your sofa below:
Apart from removing stains from your sofa, white vinegar will also help you remove the odor.
- Simply mix a cup of white vinegar and a cup of water into a clean spray container ;
- Then shake the spray bottle so that the white vinegar and the water can mix properly ;
- Now it’s time to spray the substance on the affected sofa. However, don’t over-wet the affected area ;
- After spraying, you use a clean white cloth to gently blot the stain from the sofa ;
- Start blotting from the edge. Then you gradually move to the center of the stain.
If the stain is not removed, spray the white vinegar substance again and gently blot from the edge. Do this until the stains disappear. Then use white clean clothing to damp the affected part of the sofa so it can dry off quickly.
Also known as soda water, carbonated water is used to remove stubborn stains because it contains pH neutral and it is odorless. Compared to water, soda water is perfect for removing stubborn stains like wine or blood on your sofa.
- Pour a small amount of carbonated water into a spray bottle ;
- Spay the carbonated water on the affected area of the sofa ;
- Then damp the spot thoroughly so that watermarks will not form on the sofa.
Baking Soda Paste
Interestingly, baking soda is a multipurpose substance that has several abilities. Baking soda can also help in removing stubborn stains from the sofa. More so, baking soda is one of the most efficient homemade stain solutions. The baking soda can remove tough stains from coffee and wine.
- Mix ¼ cup of baking soda and a half cup of water ;
- Stir the baking soda and water properly ;
- Damp a clean cloth into the mix and use it to blot the stain from the sofa ;
- Allow it to dry off over the night then vacuum it off.
Stubborn stains on a sofa can be heartbreaking especially if it’s are new or your favorite. Unfortunately, stains on the sofa are a regular occurrence in homes where there are children. If that’s the case you need these home remedies listed here to reduce spending so much on buying expensive stain removers. Now you know how to remove stains from a sofa with home remedies, therefore apply them with caution too. Finally, these home remedies for cleaning sofas are the best.